November brought on another month of connecting, placing, and sharing at Pinnacle Search Partners. We focused on gratitude during the week of Thanksgiving and we are eternally grateful for our growing network of candidates, clients, and connectors alike. Our poll received strong engagement and revealed how our network prefers to show gratitude in the workplace. Along with polls, we continued to share tips and tricks from our wealth of knowledge as a firm. All in all, we had a great month and we look forward to finishing out the year strong. Read on for the best of what we shared over the month of November.
Polls and Results of the Month
What is your favorite way to show coworkers you’re grateful for them?
We asked our network how they prefer to show gratitude in the workplace and the results are in!
22% say intentional listening
45% say always thanking
22% say guarantee work is noticed
11% say small gifts
No matter how you prefer to show gratitude in the workplace, we all know thankfulness and thoughtfulness can go a long way in any professional setting.
Tips and Tricks of the Month
5 ways you can practice gratitude in the workplace
1. Write down 5 things you are grateful for at the beginning of every workday
2. Remember to thank your colleagues often
3. Have leftover sweets at home? Bring them to the office! It shows people you care
4. Give colleagues your full attention when they are speaking and presenting
5. Be intentional with feedback and always keep other’s intentions and efforts in mind
5 ways you can get back into a groove at work after a vacation
1. Re-establish your routine. Pack your lunch, sign up for a workout, or lay out your clothes for the first day back to work.
2. Go through your email before getting into the office. This will help you know what to expect from your workday.
3. Limit your weeknight plans. Do your best to stay in this week to catch up on rest.
4. Unpack as soon as you get home. This will limit your stress during the work day and keep your home organized.
5. Set clear priorities for the week as soon as you get into the office. This will help you be organized and make it easier to stay focused throughout the week.
Quotes of the Month
“Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren Bennis
“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely